Skip to content
- Joe Lyles has a BS from Western Washington University in Environmental Studies and a Juris Doctorate from the University of South Carolina School of Law.
- He spent three years as a Navy JAG and one year a law clerk to the honorable C. Victor Pyle, Jr, Judge of the thirteenth Judicial Circuit, Greenville, SC.
- Joseph S. Lyles has practiced law since 1984 in a wide variety of areas including accidents, divorces, custody disputes, DUIs, contracts, military law, insurance, compensation, workers compensation, employment matters, criminal charges, real estate, probate court, wrongful deaths, wills and trusts. He has been in Greenville, South Carolina the entire time, with the exception of 3 years in the military.
- Unlike many lawyers who advertise on TV, Lyles has lots of experience in court. Over the 20 years he has practiced, Lyles has focused increasingly on personal injury cases. He has represented injured people in cases involving everything from bicycles to airplanes.
- Lyles has appeared in city courts, magistrates courts (small claims courts), state courts, federal courts, and appellate courts. He has handled cases as small as traffic tickets and as big as multiple-victim wrongful deaths. His law practice takes him to the surrounding counties of Anderson, Spartanburg, Laurens and Pickens, where many of his clients live.
- Lyles has also worked on many environmental cases, representing landowners, individuals, and groups in legal contests with big corporations, government agencies, and others. He sometimes represents organizations of citizens on a pro bono basis.
- With the heavy use of large trucks on our highways, there are often collisions, which cause serious bodily injuries to motorists and their passengers. Lyles has helped many victims of these tractor-trailer crashes recover just and fair compensation for their losses and injuries. Likewise, Lyles has represented many families that have lost a loved-one to a wrongful death.
- He has also represented victims of drug treatment facilities that have been hurt or killed by negligence. Likewise, Joseph Lyles has helped families of nursing home residents who have been mistreated or neglected.
- After graduating for the University of South Carolina School of Law, Lyles clerked for a trial judge in Greenville, SC. Then he served 3 years of active duty as an officer in the Judge Advocate Generals Corps (JAG) in the Naval Reserve. He has worked as a member of a Firm and as a sole practitioner.
- With his experience in court and out-of-court Joseph Lyles is capable and eager to put his skills to work for you. Although he resides in Greenville, South Carolina he has handled cases all over the Southeast. He often appears in courts in the nearby towns of Spartanburg, Anderson, Pickens, and Laurens.
- Joseph Lyles treats his clients with respect and dignity, whether they have been injured in an accident, charged with a crime, or been challenged with a family problem.